PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia is still not out of the woods in its Covid-19 battle, said Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin (pic) on Monday (Nov 22) as he reminded the public to continue adhering to the standard operating procedures set by the authorities.
Speaking at a Malaysian Family corporate contribution presentation here on Monday, Khairy said Malaysia was still facing challenges despite the Covid-19 situation improving with daily cases showing a downtrend.
Malaysia’s new Covid-19 cases dipped below 5,000 on Sunday (Nov 21) and on Monday 4,885 new cases were recorded.
“We know that this is a particularly stubborn virus, it’s not going anywhere but we have to continue to move forward, reopening safely but at the same time ensuring that our public health care system is not crippled or paralysed,” he said.
Khairy reminded those who had already received their appointments for a booster shot to go for it especially those above 40 years old and individuals with comorbidities.
“Whatever that is offered, take it. It will not only help you in terms of ensuring better coverage but also help other people by bringing down the transmission risk,” he said.
At Monday’s event, seven entities including government-linked companies, foundations and private companies contributed non-cash contributions worth RM41.56mil to the Health Ministry including Tabung Kebajikan Pendidikan Yayasan Taiwan Buddhist which contributed various medical equipment to Health Ministry health facilities worth RM22.6mil.
Khairy said Health Ministry had received non-cash contributions of about RM200mil from various parties since January 2020. – Bernama