KOTA KINABALU: Ten houses in a Tawau village were razed early Monday (Nov 22), leaving 143 from 27 families homeless.

The fire is believed to have started due to “resistance heating” from faulty wiring for a ceiling fan in the living room of one of the units.

He said the Tawau Fire and Rescue Department received a report at 6.21am involving a blaze at Kampung Kinabutan Besar, Batu 5, Jalan Apas.

“However, there were no fatalities or injuries reported,” said a department spokesman, adding that six vehicles also caught fire in the incident.

The fire was brought under control at 6.50am and the operation ended at 11.27am.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *