KLANG: The number of victims displaced by the floods in Selangor has breached the 3,000 mark.
Selangor Fire and Rescue Department director Norazam Khamis said the flood victims were from Klang, Kuala Langat, and Sepang districts.
“A total of 3,086 victims have been evacuated so far. The highest number of victims is from Klang (2,604) and 17 evacuation centres have been opened to accommodate them,” he said when contacted on Saturday (Dec 18).
He said 482 victims had also been evacuated from Kuala Langat and Sepang and sent to nine centres.
“According to our data, the Sekolah Kebangsaan Johan Setia evacuation centre is currently housing 793 victims followed by Sekolah Kebangsaan Telok Gong (681 victims) and Masjid Al-Islah(256 victims),” he said.
Meanwhile the latest update from the Meteorological Departments Facebook page stated that prolonged heavy rain is expected at Gua Musang, Kelantan.
It earlier stated that prolonged heavy rain is expected at Lipis, Jerantut, Maran and Kuantan in Pahang.
The notice also added that prolonged rains were expected at Kuala Muda, Sik, Baling, Kulim and Bandar Baharu in Kedah as well as Penang, Kelantan, Perak, Kelantan, Terengganu, Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Putrajaya, and Negri Sembilan.